[Announcements] Sakai Quality Assurance

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 12 16:57:09 PST 2009

Hear Hear ... and Alan brings just the right technical twist on the QA theme
(something I've semi-secretly pined)... kudos for placing the focus on that
aspect of QA for a time.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Josh Baron <Josh.Baron at marist.edu> wrote:

> My thanks as well to the University of Amsterdam and Alan for stepping in
> to take on this important role.  I think it is a great example of the power
> of community-source in general and our community specifically and its
> ability to fill gaps like this when they develop.
>
> As Brad Wheeler recently discussed at EDUCAUSE, "collaboration IS
> strategy".
>
> Thanks!
>
> Josh
>
> -----------------------------
> Joshua Baron
> Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
> Marist College
> Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
> (845) 575-3623 (work)
> Twitter: JoshBaron
>

>  From: Michael Korcuska <mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org> To: Sakai
> Announcements <announcements at collab.sakaiproject.org> Date: 11/12/2009
> 02:09 PM Subject: [Announcements] Sakai Quality Assurance Sent by:
> announcements-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org
> ------------------------------
>

> I'm extremely pleased to announce that Alan Berg will serve as Interim
> Quality Assurance Director for the Sakai Foundation. Those of you who
> have worked with Alan know that this is excellent news for the Sakai
> community. In addition to assisting with the 2.7.0 release Alan will
> make a number of process and technology change recommendations,
> especially test automation. He will also engage with the Sakai 3
> effort as time permits. Alan will be closely supported by Anthony
> Whyte in his role as 2.7.0 release manager. Over the next few weeks
> Alan and Anthony will work together to define an action plan that can
> be implemented with the active support of the Sakai Community. In the
> meantime feel free to copy both of them on questions you might have
> or, better still, use the QA list.
>
> This arrangement is made possible by an agreement with University of
> Amsterdam who generously allocated Alan's time for the next few months
> to serve in this capacity. I'm thankful for their contribution to the
> Foundation and to the community. While Alan will still have some local
> responsibilities, his main focus during this time will be Sakai QA.
> Subsequently it is likely that Alan will continue to contribute to the
> QA effort, specifically in executing some of the process change
> recommendations he will make.  During this period I will be evaluating
> the QA role and looking for a candidate to fill the position in the
> long term.
>
> Welcome aboard Alan!

> Best regards,
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Korcuska
> Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
> mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
> phone: +1 510-859-4247 (google voice)
> skype: mkorcuska

Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D - http{
pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x5434509D&op=index}
Thawte Notary - https{www.thawte.com/cgi/personal/wot/directory.exe?node=312
}
GSWoT Introducer - {GSWoT:US75 5434509D Jon P. Gorrono <jpgorrono -
gswot.org>}
http{ats.ucdavis.edu}

Sent from Davis, CA, United States