[Announcements] Sakai Quality Assurance

Michael Korcuska mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Nov 12 11:09:05 PST 2009

I'm extremely pleased to announce that Alan Berg will serve as Interim
Quality Assurance Director for the Sakai Foundation. Those of you who
have worked with Alan know that this is excellent news for the Sakai
community. In addition to assisting with the 2.7.0 release Alan will
make a number of process and technology change recommendations,
especially test automation. He will also engage with the Sakai 3
effort as time permits. Alan will be closely supported by Anthony
Whyte in his role as 2.7.0 release manager. Over the next few weeks
Alan and Anthony will work together to define an action plan that can
be implemented with the active support of the Sakai Community. In the
meantime feel free to copy both of them on questions you might have
or, better still, use the QA list.

This arrangement is made possible by an agreement with University of
Amsterdam who generously allocated Alan's time for the next few months
to serve in this capacity. I'm thankful for their contribution to the
Foundation and to the community. While Alan will still have some local
responsibilities, his main focus during this time will be Sakai QA.
Subsequently it is likely that Alan will continue to contribute to the
QA effort, specifically in executing some of the process change
recommendations he will make.  During this period I will be evaluating
the QA role and looking for a candidate to fill the position in the
long term.

Welcome aboard Alan!

Best regards,

Michael