[Announcements] New Sakai website goes live Nov 1 - Thanks team!

Pieter Hartsook hartsook at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Nov 2 11:14:49 PST 2009

Take a look... http://sakaiproject.org

We hope you will enjoy the new Sakai website. The idea behind the design was
a better user experience. We wanted to make the content not only more
appealing to look at, but to make it easier for you to find what you need by
organizing the site into ...

   1. pages of information for those taking a look at Sakai for the first
time with an eye to adoption
   2. pages of links to the Sakai wiki as springboards for developers,
educators, and instructional designers who want to participate in our active
design and development community, and
   3. information resources to help those of you already using Sakai.

We want to thank Michael Korcuska, Sakai Foundation's Executive Director and
our Board of Directors for initiating the redesign project. Thanos Partners
for assistance with content organization and graphic design. Chuck Crandall
of WebChuckWeb.com, Drupal-master who turned the designer's graphics into a
working website. And finally to the outstanding efforts of two of our
community member volunteers. Nate Angell from rSmart.com, and Sean Keesler
from threecanoes.com without whose help in building out and debugging the
website we could not have done it. One final thank you goes out to the
community volunteers who "crowd-sourced" editing the video testimonials you
see throughout the site.

So look around, explore the website and take advantage of the more
centralized resources like links to the mail list archive, a group blog for
information and status reports by Sakai project leaders, and rss-feeds for
Sakai news and events.

And we want to hear from you. Tell us what works, and what doesn't. What
information should be on the website that's missing? This site is a dynamic
community resource to facilitate more effective communication and
collaboration. Your suggestions and contributions benefit everyone.

Sincerely,

Pieter Hartsook, Webmaster - Sakai Foundation Communications Manager