[Announcements] Reminder

Mary Miles mmiles at umich.edu
Tue Mar 17 14:37:14 PDT 2009

In case you missed it, the following is the announcement that went out a
little while ago regarding the July conference.  I just wanted to remind you
all that the deadline for submitting proposals is earlier than in the past
-- April 10.  There's still time if you are interested in submitting.

Let me know if I can be of assistance in any way...

Mary

**********

Registration is open for the 10th Sakai Conference (
https://educonference.com/sakai/boston/index.php) to be held July 8-10, 2009
at the Hyatt Cambridge, Cambridge, MA.  From the link provided you can
register for the conference, submit a proposal, and make your hotel
reservation.  Vijay Kumar, author of Opening Up Education, will be our
keynote speaker, and we continue to work to find other featured speakers to
make our conference more interesting and informative.

This year, the Sakai Foundation will be charging a fee to all attendees to
help defray the cost of food.  If you register prior to June 5, the charge
will be $195 for members and $495 for non-members.  After June 5, the
charges will increase by $50 in each category.  Our cancellation policy is
also shown on the conference registration page.  If you are sending 5 or
more people from your institution, you may qualify for a discount of $25 per
person (if registered by June 5).  To obtain more information on this
option, please contact me directly.

The deadlines to keep in mind are as follows:

April 10, 2009 -- Deadline for submitting proposals

June 5, 2009 -- Deadline for earlybird (discounted) registration for the
conference

June 5, 2009 -- Deadline for hotel reservations at the Sakai rate

We look forward to seeing you at the conference in July.  As always, if you
have any questions, please contact me directly.

Mary

--
Mary Miles
Sakai Foundation