[Announcements] Sakai Newsletter June 11, 2009

Margaret Wagner mwagner at umich.edu
Sat Jun 13 13:40:32 PDT 2009

Sakai Newsletter

June 11, 2009

1.  From the Executive Director

2.  Sakai Product Council

3.  10th Sakai Conference Approaches!

-- Sakai Conference Newcomers Reception
-- Cambridge Hyatt Rate

4.  JForum 2.6.4 Now Released

5.  Stockholm University to Introduce a New Version of Mondo

6.  rSmart Contributes Live Virtual Classroom Tool

7.  Sakai Local/Regional and Language Groups

8.  Library Sakai Integration Meeting Summary

9.  OSP 2.6 Demo

10. Sakai 3.0 Group Management Project -- Request for Volunteers

11. Upcoming rSmart Webinar and Workshops

12. Call for Papers: 1st Workshop -- LMS meet Adaptive Learning
Environments

13. Recent Email Group Discussions

14. Events

1. From the Executive Director

The attached document is the first installment of a Sakai Executive
Brief that the Sakai Foundation plans to publish every six months.
(You can also see the brief at http://tinyurl.com/sakaibrief0906 .)
It is focused on providing organizational managers and executives with
a brief overview of what has been and what will be happening in Sakai.
I hope you find the information useful to understanding the current
state of Sakai development, what is taking place in the Sakai
community, and how your institution can further engage in our efforts
to make Sakai the premier academic collaboration and learning
environment.

These executive briefs are an important component of an increased
focus on communication at the foundation. Formal communication
channels have become increasingly important as we now hold conferences
approximately every 12 months. Early efforts to develop Sakai 3 -- a
completely new version of Sakai -- increase the importance of
understanding what is happening in Sakai and how you can participate
and benefit.

You'll be seeing a variety of new ways to get information and provide
feedback to the Sakai Foundation in the coming weeks and months. In
particular, I'd love to hear what you'd like to see addressed in these
executive briefs and in other forms of communication. You can always
reach me at mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org, and I'd be happy to
schedule a phone call at a mutually convenient time.

One quick note -- There was a small delay between finalizing the
attached brief and my sending this email. We have announced the
initial membership of the Product Council mentioned on page 5. The
list of members and more information can be found in the next item in
this newsletter or on our wiki at:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/m4RDAw

Best regards,

Michael Korcuska
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation
mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
phone: +1 510-931-6559 mobile (US): +1 510-599-2586
skype: mkorcuska

2. Sakai Product Council

The Sakai Foundation is pleased to announce the formation and
membership of a Product Council to ensure exceptional quality and
cohesiveness of Sakai product releases in support of varied teaching,
research and collaboration needs. The formation of the Product Council
is the result of over five years of success and learning of the Sakai
community in effectively developing community source software that
enhances learning, research and institutional effectiveness.

The Product Council has two important roles: determining which
components will be included as part of each product release, and
informally advising projects as they progress from R&D to production-
ready maturity. As a community-developed open source project,
components of each product release are contributed from many different
institutions, companies and individuals. The Product Council is the
coordinating body for each release, and will work to assure the
product's evolution continues to meet the needs of the educational
community in terms of functionality, production worthiness, and
usability.

More information about the Council structure may be found on the Sakai
wiki at http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/m4RDAw

The members of the Product Council are:

Nate Angell -- Nate works with clients in education and open source
communities for rSmart (http://www.rsmart.com), a Sakai Commercial
Affiliate. Nate previously led web communications at Portland State (http://www.pdx.edu
  ) and at the Oregon Museum of Science & Industry (http://
www.omsi.edu). Nate holds an MA in film, television, and digital media
studies from Brown University.

Noah Botimer -- Noah is the ePortfolio Technical Lead for the
University of Michigan. He is an open source and open education
advocate. Before joining Michigan, Noah helped establish a campus-wide
Sakai course and ePortfolio environment at Saginaw Valley State
University.

Eli Cochran -- Eli joined UC Berkeley and the Sakai community two
years ago as a user experience designer and Javascript programmer on
the Fluid project. After more than twenty years experience in
interface design and development, Eli feels that successful systems
must be more than understandable and usable, they must also be
beautiful and fun.

Michael Feldstein -- Michael is Principal Product Manager of Academic
Enterprise Solutions at Oracle and the author of the e-Literate
weblog. He is a frequent invited speaker on instructional technology
and has been interviewed about e-learning by media outlets including
The Chronicle of Higher Education, the Associated Press, and U.S. News
and World Report.

David Goodrum -- David is Director of Academic and Faculty Services
for University Information Technology Services at Indiana University.
In addition, he chairs the functional requirements committee as well
as the support and implementation team for IU's implementation of Sakai.

John Lewis -- John is the Chief Software Architect for Unicon and a 17-
year veteran of the software engineering industry. His passions
include open source and agile methods. John is active in several
higher education open source communities, including uPortal and Sakai,
and serves on the Board of Directors of Jasig.

Stephen Marquard -- Stephen is Learning Technologies Coordinator in
the Centre for Educational Technology at the University of Cape Town,
where he leads the team responsible for the University's popular and
widely-used Sakai deployment known as Vula. Stephen is a Sakai Fellow
and serves on the Sakai Board of Directors.

John Norman -- John is the Director of the Centre for Applied Research
in Educational Technologies (CARET) and "Head of e-Learning" at the
University of Cambridge. CARET provides infrastructure and support to
the campus for the use of technology in teaching, learning and
research, including the deployment of Sakai campus-wide. Prior to this
he had experience as an engineer and medical devices entrepreneur on
three continents. John chairs the advisory board for OSS-Watch and is
an advocate for open standards and open source software in higher
education.

Max Whitney -- Max is the technical team lead for enterprise academic
services in ITS at New York University and an active member in the DIY
technology communities in New York. She has managed the Blackboard
implementation at NYU since 2001, most recently acting as the
technical lead for an enterprise upgrade impacting 45,000 users. She
also led the Sakai pilot at NYU in 2007. She holds her M.S. in
Computer Science from the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
at NYU.

Additionally, the soon-to-be-hired Product Manager will sit on the
Product Council.

We thank all of those involved in the nomination and selection
process, and look forward to the contribution of this important
council in continuing to enhance the academic and scholarly success of
institutions across the Sakai community.

mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org

3. 10th Sakai Conference approaches!

Things are shaping up very nicely for the 10th Sakai Conference in
Boston.  Over 400 people are currently registered!  It's going to be a
very well attended and very exciting event, which is especially
gratifying when budgets are especially tight. The program looks
fantastic, with keynote speaker Vijay Kumar, over 100 other sessions,
and a full slate of pre-conference workshops on Tuesday. The venue
looks fantastic and Boston is a great city.

You can register for the conference at https://educonference.com/sakai/boston/index.php
   and get yourself a room at the hotel athttps://resweb.passkey.com/
go/65705248

Hope to see you there!

SAKAI CONFERENCE NEWCOMERS RECEPTION
If you're coming to the 10th Sakai Conference in Boston and are a
newcomer to the Sakai community, I'd like to invite you to the Sakai
Newcomers Reception on Tuesday evening. The reception will be held at
the conference hotel, the Cambridge Hyatt.

As the name implies, this reception is intended for Sakai Newcomers.
Who is a newcomer?  Well, if you've never been to a Sakai conference
before you're certainly a newcomer. But anyone who feels like they'd
benefit from meeting other attendees in advance is welcome.  We'll
also explain how the conference is organized and provide a few tips
for getting the most out of your time. Many conference committee
members and Sakai Board members will also attend so you'll be able to
meet some old hands as well.

You can RSVP by visiting: http://sakai.pingg.com/newcomers09

Space is limited, so sign up soon. Hope you can join us!

CAMBRIDGE HYATT RATE
As you may know, the Hyatt advertised a rate lower than the Sakai
group rate. They are not supposed to do this (by contract and by
common sense). We've spoken with the hotel and have come to a
resolution.

I'm pleased to let you know that they will be reducing our group rate
to $184/night. This will apply to all existing reservations up to June
12. For those who have made existing reservations there is nothing you
need to do -- the hotel will be manually adjusting your room rate. The
only exception to this reduction is for those who have requested a
specific type of room (e.g., "River View" or "Balcony"). In these
cases the rate will remain $199/night.

This is, in fact, slightly more than what community members were able
to find on the internet. There are a few reasons why we thought the
Hyatt's proposal was fair:

Our rate includes complimentary in-room internet ($12.95/day). So our
effective rate is $171/night.

Not everyone would have been able to take advantage of the promotion
as there were a limited number of rooms available at that rate. So
some would have gotten a better deal while others would have been
stuck with the original rate. We felt this was the fairest to everyone
in the Sakai community.

The Hyatt may still lower the hotel rate if rooms remain unsold. If
anyone does find a lower rate and wishes to change their reservation
they should feel free to do so (I'm tracking this via yapta and will
let folks know when/if it alerts me). We will manually reconcile hotel
guests with conference attendees and Sakai will get credit for those
room nights. If you decide to do this it would be helpful to let Mary
Miles (mmiles at umich.edu) know.

So, a big thanks to Lydia from Stanford for finding the lower rate.
She's helped save everyone a few dollars!

Michael Korcuska
mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org

4. JForum 2.6.4 Now Released

I am pleased to announce the release of JForum 2.6.4.

JForum 2.6.4 is a small release that introduces several nice
enhancements to JForum's private messaging and email notification
functionality. See highlights of features in this release: http://etudes.org/release/discussion/2.6.4/

DOWNLOAD JFORUM 2.6.4
JForum 2.6.4 is available to deploy with Sakai 2.3 or higher.

Instructions on how to download and build JForum 2.6.4 can be found
at:  http://etudes.org/release/discussion/

Conversion is required when upgrading from earlier versions of JForum.
Scripts are included.

FEATURES & FIXES in JFORUM 2.6.4
Summary of enhancements and fixes:
- Add ability to flag one or more private messages for follow-up.
- Add ability to clear the flags once messages have been handled.
- Add the ability to see if messages have been replied to (new
"replied" icon).
- Change folder icon of Private Messages menu to orange if there is
new activity.
- Include actual text of forum new topic or new reply in body of email
notification.
- Include actual text of private message (PM) in new PM email
notification.
- Include attachments in email of PM and topic email notification, if
any were attached.
- Preserve the start/stop forum dates with import from site.
- Do not list topics from "Deny access" forums in the gradebook.
- Quotes in forum titles get stripped out along with title upon edit/
save. Fixed.
- Data truncation error in private messages, if the message is too
long. Fixed.
- Strip out offending MS Word comments prior when posting text with
"W" icon. Fixed.

FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
For information on future development, feature requests, and known
issues, see: http://etudes.org/jforum_features.htm

CREDITS
Many thanks to Murthy Tanniru, Senior Java Developer, Etudes, for his
on-going work on JForum.

Also, many thanks go to the California Community Colleges Chancellor's
Office for their funding support for this software development work.

QUESTIONS
To report issues or ask questions about JForum for Sakai 2.x, send a
message to: dev at etudes.org or sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.

Vivie Sinou
Executive Director Etudes, Inc.
http://etudes.org/

5. Stockholm University to Introduce a New Version of Mondo

On 15 June, Stockholm University will introduce a new version of Mondo
based on Sakai 2.6. In addition to all enhancements that come with
Sakai 2.6, a number of localisations have been made to better support
Sakai users at our institution. Also, the excellent Site Stats tool
from Universidade Fernando Pessoa has been added as a new tool
available for site owners.

Per Wising
per.wising at it.su.se
Stockholm University

6. rSmart Contributes Live Virtual Classroom Tool

rSmart is happy to announce the contribution of its Live Virtual
Classroom tool (LVC) to the Sakai community.  (For more information,
follow this link and see the information below:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/LVC/Live+Virtual+Classroom+Tool)

ABOUT THE TOOL
The Live Virtual Classroom tool was originally developed in 2006 as
part of an engagement between Mesa Community College (MCC) and rSmart.
At that time, the tool integrated Sakai 2.2 with on-premise
deployments of Elluminate Live! MCC has since agreed to contribute the
code to the community, and rSmart has ported it forward to 2.6.

In its current form, LVC works only with Elluminate Live! The front
end is sufficiently separated from the back end, however, to permit
integration with other webcasting tools by simply swapping out the
service-level implementation. To extend the tool's functionality,
developers need only extend VirtualClassroomServiceImpl and re-
implement the communication layer with the desired external webcasting
tool. rSmart plans to use this approach to provide support for Adobe
Connect in the near future.

Live Virtual Classroom is the second tool of its type to be
contributed to Sakai. Last year, Unicon contributed functionality that
works with Elluminate's hosted offering (information available here: http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/ELLUM/Home)
. Because the rSmart tool supports on-premise deployments of
Elluminate Live!, institutions using Sakai and Elluminate Live! can
now choose the integration tool that is appropriate for their situation.

FEATURES AND SCREENSHOTS
The Live Virtual Classroom tool enables users to perform these
activities:
- Schedule one-time or recurring meetings from within Sakai.
- Edit and delete scheduled meetings and recordings.
- Automatically create moderator users in Elluminate.
- Join active meetings from within the Sakai tool.
- Watch recordings of past meetings from within the Sakai tool.
- Filter and sort lists of meetings and recordings from within the
Sakai tool.
- Ping the Elluminate server (allows users to check configuration and
status between the servers).

Note: Sakai maintains a list of meetings associated with different
Sakai sites, so users of different sites see only their site's meetings.

VIDEO DEMONSTRATION
A screencast demo of LVC is available here:
http://www.screencast.com/users/johnbush/folders/Jing/media/0f7ede7d-eb14-4f4e-b2d7-b46b111f7eaa

Jonny Brown
jonny.brown at rsmart.com

7. Sakai Local/Regional and Language Groups

A question I received recently about local Sakai user groups reminds
me that as the number of Sakai deployments has continued to expand,
there are probably more people now running Sakai near each other, or
who share a common language (other than English) then ever before.
There are already some local Sakai groups, such as the New York City
Regional Sakai group, the Spanish Sakai group (which is mostly
organizations in Spain, but also communicates in Spanish), and others:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/jAfJAg

You might want to take a look at this map and see who else around you
is running Sakai:

http://sakaiproject.org/portal/site/sakai-community/page/d89dabbf-a033-412f-80c4-a38931056b26

If there are enough of you in an area, or who share a common language,
then you might think about starting your own regional or language
Sakai group to get together and talk Sakai periodically, in addition
to participating in the global Sakai community. (If your deployment is
not shown on the map, please get in touch with Anthony Whyte, arwhyte at umich.edu
, and let's get you on there!)  If you're interested in setting up a
local Sakai group, please let me know.

Peter Knoop
knoop at umich.edu
Sakai Project Coordinator

8. Library Sakai Integration Meeting Summary

Thank you to all who participated in the May 28 meeting to discuss
library integration with Sakai 3.  We discussed potential library
vignettes to support incorporation of library-related information,
data, or services into a Sakai 3 page.  Vignettes are available at:http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/SLIB/Sakai+3+Potential+Library+Vignettes

In discussing the vignettes, participants expressed the need for
interoperability with other systems and concern that building
functionality that only works in Sakai may be limiting.

There was some skepticism about the importance of a library search box
in Sakai that needs to be discussed further. We also discussed how the
e-reserves model differs across institutions. The vignettes identified
as priority for further discussion were adding a citation to a page
and adding a library database to a page. The group stated it would be
helpful to see mock-ups of potential vignettes as well as have a
broader discussion about user needs of instructors, students, and
librarians relative to library integration.

The next web meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 23 at 11:00 a.m.
EDT (GMT -4) using the Sakai001 bridge.  At this meeting, we'll
continue the discussion focusing on a broader look at user needs as
well as looking at potential vignette mock-ups.

Please contact Jon Dunn (jwd at indiana.edu) or Susan Hollar (shollar at umich.edu
) with any questions or comments.

9.  OSP 2.6 Demo

Following up on last month's Sakai 2.6 Demo, there will be a demo of
the OSP or portfolio-specific features and functionality in Sakai 2.6
on Tuesday, 23 June 2009, at 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. U.S. Eastern
Daylight Time (GMT -4).  We will be using Indiana's Adobe Connect
system to host the demonstration.  Janice Smith and Sean Keesler, of
Three Canoes, who both have extensive experience with Sakai and its
portfolio capabilities, will be giving the demonstration and answering
questions afterwards.

Information on the demonstration can be found here, including
connection details (when they become available):

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/vohDAw

If you are planning to attend, please RSVP by adding your name to the
table of attendees on the above webpage.

Thanks!

Peter Knoop
Sakai Project Coordinator
knoop at umich.edu

10.  Sakai 3.0 Group Management Project -- Request for Volunteers

I'd like to draw your attention to the note from Oliver Heyer below
about the Group Management effort for Sakai 3. Oliver is organizing a
call for those who are interested. It will take place on Monday, June
15 at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time GMT -4 (11:00 a.m. EDT, 4:00
p.m. BST).

You can find out more about the project below and at this site: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIJDAw

And you can indicate your interest in attending the conference call by
adding your name to the list here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/LYhDAw

Conference Call Details: Sakai002
Telephone: +1-812-856-7060
Internet:156.56.240.9
Conference Code: 350#
PIN: 72524#

Best,

Michael Korcuska
-------------
UC Berkeley and UC Davis are embarking on a long-term project to
expand the system and end user administrative functionality for group
management in Sakai 3.0. A high level description of the project with
linked use cases/requirements (nee vignettes) is available here: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIJDAw

The team currently consists of:
-- Daphne Ogle -- Interaction Designer
-- Eli Cochran -- UI Developer Ray
-- Davis -- Java developer

We are looking for additional community members who are able to
contribute in various project roles and who can commit some
significant percentage of their day-to-day time to this effort,
preferably over the next 4-12 months. The team aims to work quickly,
taking an agile, iterative and collaborative approach to the
definition, design and development process. That goal, in turn,
demands that communication and coordination among the team members
happen very frequently, in a consistent and open fashion. The exact
mechanisms and channels have not yet been formalized, but the
expectation is that we may have to adapt to a highly distributed team
environment. We anticipate that the project will start gathering a
full head of steam shortly after the Boston Conference. Please let me
know if you are interested in committing yourself or other resources
to this project.

Thanks,

Oliver Heyer
oliver at media.berkeley.edu
Manager, Learning Applications Educational Technology Services
UC Berkeley

11.  Upcoming rSmart Webinar and Workshops

rSmart Webinar: ePortfolios -- The Impact on Learning and Assessment

How can your institution start using open source portfolio software?
Come join rSmart and Serensoft, two experts in ePortfolios, to learn
about using Sakai's open source portfolio capabilities for your
ePortfolio project. The rSmart/Serensoft ePortfolio solution combines
rSmart's expert Sakai support and maintenance program with Serensoft's
leading ePortfolio expertise. Together, we can jump start any
ePortfolio project quickly and efficiently, and cost-effectively
support it for the long term.

Date: June 18, 2009 Time: 11:00 AM PDT (GMT -7)

To register: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/297525385

rSmart Sakai Workshops:  Join Us for Summer Sakai Institute

During this half-day workshop, attendees will create a pilot course in
a live, hosted instance of Sakai. Participants will learn to build
content, assessments, and encourage collaboration with Sakai tools.
They will learn how to configure Sakai tools and course permissions
and add students into the course. At the end of the workshop, each
participant will have a course built that they can run for an entire
semester.

Attendees need a computer with internet connection for the workshop.
It is recommended that attendees have a syllabus on hand, as well.

Workshop Option One:
June 30, 2009  9:30 - 11:00 a.m. PDT, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. PDT  (GMT -7)
To register: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/569317241

Workshop Option Two:
August 31, 2009  9:30 - 11:00 a.m. PDT, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. PDT  (BMT -7)
To register: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/580074513

Megan Perrone
megan.perrone at rsmart.com

12.  Call for Papers:  1st Workshop -- Learning Management Systems
meet Adaptive Learning Environments

The research and development of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and
Adaptive Learning Environments (ALE) remained disconnected for a long
time. The most popular LMSs, like Moodle, Sakai or Blackboard, still
do not support personalization as found in existing adaptive
educational hypermedia systems and applications. However, recently
some initiatives were started to bridge the gap between the worlds of
LMSs and ALEs. Researchers are extending user profiles of existing
LMSs and introducing personalization functionality into different
modules of LMSs. Likewise researchers of ALEs are finding ways to
integrate their ALE within existing LMSs.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
The focus of the workshop will be on the design challenges to
introduce personalization into an LMS by means of integration of or
communication with an ALE. By bringing together designers of LMSs and
researchers in adaptive hypermedia and adaptive learning systems this
workshop aims to create a forum to share ideas about how to introduce
personalization and adaptation into an LMS.

Topics likely to be discussed at this workshop include, but are not
limited to:

- Personalization in the LMS: What kind of personalization do the
existing LMSs support and how it can be improved?  How can the
functionality of existing LMS be extended by additional functionality
of personalized systems?
- Sharing User Models: Both LMSs and ALEs maintain information about
users. How can they exchange information and how can they understand
each other's information?
- Adaptation based on shared User Models: How can, for instance, an
LMS offer feedback to tests based on the ALE's user model, or how can
an ALE use test results from the LMS in adaptation?
- Effectiveness of personalization in LMS: How to evaluate
effectiveness of personalization in the LMS+ALE combination?

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
All submissions will be handled electronically. Please submit your
contribution (up to 10 pages in LNCS format) before the submission
deadline (July 1, 2009) to the workshop co-chairs by e-mail: e.vasilyeva at tue.nl
, debra at win.tue.nl.

MORE INFORMATION
Read more about the conference and the paper submission requirements
here:
http://wwwis.win.tue.nl/lms-ale-09/#home

Ekaterina Vasilyeva
ekaterina.vasilyeva at gmail.com

13. Recent Email Group Discussions

[Building Sakai] Regarding SAK-16463 - 2.6.x oracle database
conversion needed
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Regarding-SAK-16463---2.6.x-oracle-database-conversion-needed-td3064043.html#a3064043

[Building Sakai] Understanding Sakai tool source ?
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Understanding-Sakai-tool-source---td3068481.html#a3068481

[Building Sakai] Provided groups question
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Provided-groups-question-td2994158.html#a2994158

[Building Sakai] Committer Update: /rwiki
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Committer-Update%3A--rwiki-td3061801.html#a3061801

[Building Sakai] About schedule tool - Calendar subscriptions problem
in sakai 2.6
http://n2.nabble.com/-WG%3A-Sakai-QA--Fwd%3A--Building-Sakai--About-schedule-tool---Calendar-subscriptions-problem-in-sakai-2.6-td3059524.html#a3059524

[Building Sakai] Provided groups question
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Provided-groups-question-td2994158.html#a2994158

[Building Sakai] Reaction: Sakai course on CD
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Reaction%3A-Sakai-course-on-CD-td3048651.html#a3049423

[Building Sakai] Creating a new cache
http://n2.nabble.com/-Building-Sakai--Creating-a-new-cache-td3044078.html#a3044078

[Portfolio] Matrix deletion
http://n2.nabble.com/-Portfolio--Matrix-deletion-td3062013.html#a3062013

[Portfolio] View Guidance Permission in Matrix Cells
http://n2.nabble.com/-Portfolio--View-Guidance-Permission-in-Matrix-Cells-td3051745.html#a3051745

[Using Sakai] Random multi-part questions in Quizzes
http://n2.nabble.com/-Using-Sakai--Random-multi-part-questions-in-Quizzes-td3065919.html#a3065919

[Using Sakai] Tests&Quizzes vs. groups :(
http://n2.nabble.com/-Using-Sakai--Tests-Quizzes-vs.-groups-%3A%28-td3064140.html#a3064140

[Using Sakai] Import from Site
http://n2.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=1343168&local=y&query=Import+from+Site

14. Events

2009 MoodleMoot San Francisco and 2nd Sloan-C Symposium on Emerging
Technology in Online Learning
June 17-19, 2009
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
San Francisco, California
http://moodlemoot.org/course/view.php?id=9 http://www.emergingonlinelearningtechnology.org/

Advanced CAMP: Identity Services Summit for Higher Ed Open/Community-
Source Projects
June 18-19, 2009
Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
http://net.educause.edu/content.asp?Section_ID=434&bhcp=1

10th Sakai Conference in Boston
July 8-10, 2009
Cambridge Hyatt
Cambridge, Massachusetts
https://educonference.com/sakai/boston/index.php

AuSakai '09
September 17-18, 2009
Charles Sturt University Bathurst Campus
Bathurst NSW, Australia
http://www.csu.edu.au/division/landt/ausakai09/ausakai09.htm

1st Workshop: Learning Management Systems meet Adaptive Learning
Environments  (LMS-ALE'09)
September 29 - October 2, 2009
EC-TEL
Nice, France