[WG: Accessibility] Reminder: Accessibility WG Teleconference Today at 2:00PM EDT

Matt Clare Matt.Clare at BrockU.CA
Thu Sep 18 09:32:21 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Hi  Sakai Accessibility List,

This is your (late) reminder that the next teleconference for the Accessibility WG will be TODAY Thursday September 18, 2014 at 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC). - a few hours from now!

Friends and soon-to-be-friends welcome.

We'll be using Apereo's Calliflower account for this call

Default Dial-in Number:+1-323-375-2185
Conference Code: 8600146
Find a Dial in number in your city:

https://apps.calliflower.com/account/call_in_numbers?organizer=328940

Skype:
Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype.  You can then call
Calliflower directly from Skype with the Skype dialling pad.
(I’ll be skype’ing in from a Ontario Universities’ Council on e-Learning Summer Institute)

Agenda/Etherpad: https://kumu.brocku.ca/pad?pID=g.zEm3N4n9HUd8BfKg$853

Agenda:
- Still looking for measures for https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19124
Need a solution and a model for accessible pop-ups - willing to keep searchn' just asking, but given Fluid and jQuery both have ARIA role info  role="alertdialog" aria-describedby="dialog-desc" I'm seeking perspectives before I make a recommendation.

Any other lists of the accessibility requirements in certain jurisdictions better than this one?
https://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/2010/02/24/current-state-of-us-accessibility-standards-%E2%80%93-section-508/

JIRAs:
Can we close / attribute work to https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19569

Happy to talk about more

Matt Clare
Manager, eLearning
  Centre for Pedagogical Innovation
Part-time Instructor
  Interactive Arts and Sciences
Brock University, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
http://brocku.ca/pedagogical-innovation    905 688 5550 xt 4539   Office: SBH321
Running for Parkinson's Research this October http://mattclare.ca/run14