[WG: Accessibility] Reminder: Accessibility WG Teleconference Today at 2:00PM EDT

Matt Clare Matt.Clare at BrockU.CA
Thu Aug 7 07:40:46 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

This is your (late) reminder that the next teleconference for the Accessibility WG will be Thursday August 7, 2014 at 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC).

Friends and soon-to-be-friends welcome.

We'll be using Apereo's Calliflower account for this call

Default Dial-in Number:+1-323-375-2185
Conference Code: 8600146
Find a Dial in number in your city:

https://apps.calliflower.com/account/call_in_numbers?organizer=328940

Skype:
Add ‘calliflowerskype’ as a contact in Skype.  You can then call
Calliflower directly from Skype with the Skype dialling pad.
(I’ll be skype’ing in from a Ontario Universities’ Council on e-Learning Summer Institute)

Agenda/Etherpad:

https://kumu.brocku.ca/pad?pID=g.zEm3N4n9HUd8BfKg$610

Agenda:
    What to do with iFrame-realted JIRAs in the context of Sakai Morpheus/No iFrame? ie:
- https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/STAT-336 Accessibility / i18n: Statistics Frame Default Human Language is Not Set, Should Match User Language Preference`

JIRAs:
    - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22723
    Access and Availability selected form controls are reset when submitting a new announcement in the Announcement tool has an error
    - Gonzalo currently working on
   -  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19598
   Accessibility: "Download Spreadsheet" link does not indicate file type or size.
-  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19031
  Accessibility: Site Info Confirming Site Tools Screen Uses Color as the Only Method to Convey Information

Need some testing:

- https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25117
Accessibility: Image missing alt tags on forum topic page

- https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22813
Multiple buttons are part of an HTML heading when they should be separate on the All Grades page of the Gradebook tool

- https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23614
instrument more sites panel to open via accesskey and close via escape

-https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19124
Need a solution and a model for accessibile pop-ups
 - Are we OK with jQuery UI 1.10+ dialog since with  - ARIA info  role="alertdialog" aria-describedby="dialog-desc" and a good tab order?

Matt Clare
Manager, eLearning
  Centre for Pedagogical Innovation
Part-time Instructor
  Interactive Arts and Sciences
Brock University, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
http://brocku.ca/pedagogical-innovation    905 688 5550 xt 4539   Office: SBH321