[WG: Accessibility] Help files updated with Accessibility information

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Jan 25 12:16:40 PST 2013

Hi Accessibility,

At our last meeting the question came up about whether Accessibility information could be put into tool-specific context sensitive help in Sakai CLE. I expressed concern because the current help system is rather complex and because while there are no current plans, the desire is to disconnect the link between the Indiana University Knowledge Base and the Sakai CLE help system. I had an action item to look into the issue of adding Accessibilty information to the existing process.

Yes, the process should work if the content changes are updates to existing help files. As far as I know, updating existing help files that are included in the current feed should automatically update next time a pull is made for that information (probably 2.9.2).  Adding new files will not work (simply because we don't have resources to rationalize the differences, not because of the technical feasibility).

I'm copying the documentation team to be sure that I'm not stating anything incorrectly and in case additional guidance is in order.

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org