[WG: Accessibility] 2.9 results

Gonzalo Silverio gsilver at umich.edu
Tue Jan 15 09:04:34 PST 2013

Michigan upgraded from 2.7.2 to 2.9 a few weeks ago.

We got this message from a user via Scott Williams (CTools is the Michigan
name for Sakai):

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just a note to ask if you would pass on my thanks to the CTools team - the
new version of CTools is finally accessible!  I am certainly able to manage
uploading materials and communicating with the students, things I couldn't
do without help last year.

So - all of our work is paying off - congratulations to the team and
developers working on a11y!

I suspect that the specific improvements that prompted this message were
the Resource Menu changes (IU) and the inclusion of the CKEditor (Michigan)
but we made so many changes for 2.9 that am sure the whole experience is
vastly improved.

 - Gonzalo