[WG: Accessibility] FW: FW: Sakai is being recognized as "taking accessibility seriously" on the WebAIM e-mail list

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Fri Jan 7 10:18:24 PST 2011

Even though self-certification is a good faith measure, I think we stack up pretty well. That is, I like Nate's suggestion here.

The thing that concerned me immediately upon reading the list was that it is quite short and highly heterogenous. It is a good observation that others in our software space are on the list and we may be asked about it. But I am concerned about jumping the hoops a 1.5B market cap can afford to lay out. I just don't think it hurts our credibility or competitive advantage much provided that we have a good, thorough response.

By the way, none of this is to discredit the work or recognition of NFB or any on the list. I just think we have a good story of our own, by way of significant hard work on behalf of many obligated institutions and skilled, motivated individuals.

Thanks,
-Noah