[WG: Accessibility] [DG: User Experience] Nice article on URL design

Michael S Elledge elledge at msu.edu
Thu Jan 6 09:07:56 PST 2011

Hi Everyone--

I'm a bit out of the Sakai accessibility loop these days, but meaningful
URLs are something that we've promoted for a long time.

An important aspect of this issue is ensuring that page titles are
descriptive and relevant to page content. One of the problems with using
iFrames has been that content within a frame will change, but page
titles will not. This, along with garbled URLs, removes context for both
sighted and non-sighted users.

These two elements seem to be related. Is this something that Sakai 3
will address? Or, better yet, is this something that has already been
resolved?

Mike

>>> http://3akai.sakaiproject.org/dev/search.html#tag=/tags/queens

>>> http://3akai.sakaiproject.org/dev/content_profile.html#content_path=/p/HqK8oqTOozKanU9iUWAqDsR