[WG: Accessibility] [Building Sakai] Proposed PDA Portal Wording Change - SAK-19061

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 15 10:32:39 PDT 2010

Chuck,
I'm confused by this proposal. I completely support that idea of replacing the term "pda" with "mobile", but equating the mobile version with accessibility is wrong.

It is true that for a few users the mobile version may be more accessible, mostly because it simplifies the UI. However, for most users at all levels of ability the full Sakai IS very accessible. (We've done a lot of work over the last few years to make it so.)

The focus of our efforts should continue to be on making the full version of Sakai fully and richly accessible, not creating an "accessible version" of the system.

- Eli