[WG: Accessibility] [DG: User Experience] UX review process ?

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Fri May 28 12:17:31 PDT 2010

I think that Ian has really hit on something that I've been wondering about for a while.

But as I reread Ian's original question, I'm not really sure who's being asked and what's being asked for, UX review, technical review, something else?

So... and I don't intend to sound critical or snarky:

	- What are the artifacts that require feedback at this time?
	- What level of feedback is required? (What do you need to know?)

And more specifically, at this point in the design and development of Sakai 3, who is being asked for feedback? In terms of review are you asking the general Sakai community, the more specific Sakai UX community, or the very specific and immediate Sakai 3 R&D team?

I think that there are a lot of folks in the Sakai community who would, could and *should* give feedback on the designs. But given the current process, or lack there of, I suspect that general feedback from the greater community would be disruptive and slow down the process, or lack there of.

But I hope that as we move towards a larger project with contributions from a greater number of institutions, we find clarity about what feedback looks like, who it's for, who does it, and how it's done. (In a way that still maintains a high level of development velocity.)

I'm glad that we're talking about it.

Thanks,
Eli